I'm pretty sure that I might have a yeast infection. What can I do naturally to get rid of it?
Topic: Yogurt bacteria research
July 17, 2019 / By Abimael Question:
For may be a week now, I had discharge that kind of looks like cottage cheese. It smells like absolutely nothing. I have had discharge for a year and it's always been normal except for now. I haven't gotten my period either. I don't know what could have caused it because I'm not on antibiotics and don't use scented soaps down there or wear scented underwear. I always wash everyday so I really don't know. I'm away right now because I visit my grandparents in Seattle every summer for about 2 or 3 weeks so I can't really go to the doctor or speak to my mom about it in person. Is this a yeast infection and if it is, how do I use yogurt to cure it? Also, it is not an STD because i am only 12 and have never had sex.
Best Answers: I'm pretty sure that I might have a yeast infection. What can I do naturally to get rid of it?
Sindy | 10 days ago
There are many things you need to start doing and addressing if you are suffering from a yeast infection. To start, do the following:
1. Wear loose clothing and undergarments, oxygen kills yeast, going commando and wearing nothing down there if possible is even better.
2. Get some unsweetened yogurt and rub it onto a tampon, insert the tampon and do this continually until the yeast infection is gone. If this doesn't work for you, you can also use your fingers, however make sure you are laying down on your back to prevent it from dripping out.
3. Cut out any and all sugar, alcohol and yeast from your diet. All three will promote the infection further.
4. Start drinking cranberry juice, pure not from concentrate with no added sugar, I know this goes against the no sugar thing but the acid content in the cranberries will alter the PH balance of your vagina and cause the yeast to die off.
5. If you can tolerate it, use a raw garlic clove and apply it to the infection, this may burn so dilute it with some olive or coconut oil, both of which can also help eliminate the yeast, especially the coconut.
6. You can also try taking some vitamin B3, many women find their infections resolve quicker when they are taking 300mg/per day.
7. Take a probiotic with at least 50 billion live cells per pill, this is key in redistributing good bacteria throughout your body, and effectively end the yeast infection. I know the brand renew life has a good one.
8. Lastly if all else fails, begin adding 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to a bath. Only fill the tub up high enough to submerge your genital area. Stay in the tub for 20-30 minutes at a time.
Hope this helps, the yogurt is the key really, by putting good bacteria directly on the area you will eliminate it quickly. Make sure it is unsweetened and ideally keep an eye out for a variation called Kefir which has even more beneficial bacteria in it to snuff out the infection.
When all is said and done I would suggest you research Candida and take a test to determine if you are suffering from it, as anyone who gets yeast infections has Candida, it's just a matter of how bad it is.
👍 268 | 👎 10
Did you like the answer? I'm pretty sure that I might have a yeast infection. What can I do naturally to get rid of it?
Share with your friends
We found more questions related to the topic: Yogurt bacteria research
Originally Answered: Is this a yeast infection or not?
The same exact thing happened to me. Last year I had a very bad kidney infection and was put on some heavy antibiotics. They caused a bad yeast infection, I used Monistat 3, but also bought a seperate cream by monistat for the outer area of the vagina. I know this may sound weird or gross, but after I applied that cream I also put on Desitin (the baby butt cream) and it helped with the soreness and the cracking skin. I just had to re apply and keep using the Monistat 3 and the cream until it went away. Hope this helped!
No it will not go away and vagisil is not the right stuff for that. Do you see any white stuff? Yeast infections can burn and start off with an itch so bad you rub raw, then the white stuff comes. Please talk to your Mommy! You will regret it later if you don't get treatment from the doc! Plus you could have a UTI and that must be treated if you don't it will lead to kidney infections. That can be fatal over time, not right away. It will be the most painful thing if you let that go that long. I did that when I thought it was a yeast infection. I let it go thinking it will go away with over the counter stuff. It turned out it was a UTI when I passed out from the infection spreading to the kidneys when I was taken to the hospital. I never told Mom because I was shy to. It hurt her more not telling her earlier on. I'm fine now healthy as a bone. Those are the other possibilities if you are not sexually active. They are common in us females UTI's and Yeast Infections, but must be treated to avoid any other serious problems! Don't be shy to your Mom. She will get you all fixed up with the doctor. She'd rather that and not tell her and you get sicker and find out then. Trust me, I know because I have had this experience before. If you go to the doctor and it's a UTI you will be prescribed an antibiotic and to drink cranberry juice, that's the treatment. Yeast infections a proper antibiotic and cream.
👍 110 | 👎 9
First of all, if this is your first yeast infection you need to go see a doctor. That is a must. Other vaginal infections can have symptoms similar to those associated with yeast infections. Even if you go when you get back home. If it is really bad (itchy and red) you can try an over-the-counter like monistat. I have never tried yogurt, but I can tell you NOT to use a sweetened yogurt and make sure it has live acidophilus cultures . https://www.msu.edu/~eisthen/yeast/yourself.html
This website says you can freeze the yogurt (like little popsicles) using emptied tampon cartridges or you can fill a syringe (without the needle of course) with the yogurt to use it vaginally.
👍 101 | 👎 8
eat lots and lots of yogurt sweets. that should help until you can talk to your mom. you might need an over the counter monistat or something.
👍 92 | 👎 7
I know your problem. Eat yogurt, stretchy clothes, don't itch.
I know its tempting but pretend that your ya know is a dog and its spoiled. You dont listen to it and ignore it. I know it sound funny, but try it.
Best of luck to you. Your not the only one. Good Luck!
👍 83 | 👎 6
Originally Answered: Do I have a yeast infection?
It looks like you have signs and symptoms of candida yeast infection. I had it for over 15 yrs and it took over my life. Based on my personal experience and 100s of other women that I have talked to and helped here is what I can tell you.
1. You will experience more itching around private area
2. You will experience discharge that will make your panties dirty, your discharge could also happen while you are having intercourse. Sort of white cottage cheese.
3. You may also experience smell down there, at start it's not that bad but if you leave it untreated then things can get out of control and smell can totally ruin your life. In my case I lost my bf and job it was just too much I couldnt stay still without applying perfume every 10-15 minutes yes it was that bad.
4. Bloating/Gas what happens if after a while you dont treat it you may experience some sort of gas/bloating and it can get really embarrasing. In my case it always came when my bf was just gonna kiss me or when we would get intimate or some other random times of the day while I was doing something.
5. Painful sex, your sexual life will be severely impact because if you get vaginal yeast infection manifestation of candida then it hurts badly during sex.
3 out of 4 women gets recurring yeast infection and almost 2-3times a year.
You can read further about signs and symptoms of candida by sean brookwood who is a candida expert and well known person who has done a lot of research on topic of candida.
In regards with the treatment options (your immune system is weak so natural remedies might not be enough) available for you lets look over those, mind you I have spent tens and thousands of dollars and over a decade trying everything so what you will read below is based on my personal experience and after helping 100s of other women suffering from candida
1. Antibiotics wont really help much. If you keep up with news then CDC recently announced that the age of antibiotics is almost over. They are not great option. Further in case of candida it can help you at start but then candida will come back with furry and it will get harder to treat it.
2. OTC treatment options, many people on this site and other places or even if you go see a doctor he/she will recommend you Monistat or Diflucan while these may help cover the symptoms for a while but it wont really treat your candida. It will just go away for a while and come back. Plus its really not a cheap solution and wont do you good in long run.
3. Home Remedies option -> Not that home remedies dont work the issue is that you will have to eat/use 20-30 in order to get even a slight benefit for example -->
Garlic -> Can you eat 30 garlic a day? Unless you live in a cave with no social interaction and nothing I doubt you wanna eat all that garlic. Some people say put it up your vagina, which is so STUPID, it can get stuck I have seen tons of cases where it got stuck and they had to seek help. Its' stupid dont do it please.
Yogurt -> Can you eat 20 boxes of big yogurt? While it has good bacteria its just not enough plus it doesnt pass the outer later of stomach wall which is full of acids.
Here is what I recommend to get relief from yeast infection, or you can say to treat it inside out:
1. Get on some candida diet, there are tons of them out there I personally recommend Sean Brookwood's candida treatment protocol, he has tons of great information about candida. However you can try some other candida diet if you cant follow Sean's protocol.
2. Make sure your private area is always dry dont leave it wet
3. Get yourself cotton panties
4. Make sure you are not taking douches
5. Get yourself a good candida yeast infection probiotic the one I recommend to all of my friends and other women suffering from candida is probacto probiotics, their probiotic has all the good bacteria strains that can help against candida. I been using them for over a decade now and really no complaints.
It also works for all vaginal infections. You may need to take it for at least 3-4 months followed by at least 6 months of multivitamin.
6. Get a good multivitamin, I recommend Alive Multivitamin it's great and I take it on daily basis you cant go wrong.
7. Get these two good potent anti-fungals for your yeast infection. You need to get Cfort10, take this in the morning and rest of the day I recommend you take CanxidaRemove you can just search for the brand names and you will find out.
8. Make sure you are drinking 2-3 cups of Nettle Leaf Tea everyday.
9. Avoid alcohol
10. Avoid sugar
11. If its vaginal yeast infection (which is most of the time for most women anyways) then avoid having sex with your boyfriend/husband for a while, as you can pass it along to him. Imagine your embarrassment then when he tells his friends he caught something from you. Penile yeast infection while not that known is still something men suffer from and it can be bothersome for them.
And give it at least 2-3 months, once you have recovered make sure you take probiotics at least once a day for a while so that candida doesn't come back.
I hope it helps, let me know if you have further questions.