Your thoughts on cutting?
Topic: I love you different languages writing a cover
June 20, 2019 / By Sherley Question:
So for a long time I've been abused by my parents. I almost killed myself last year but thankfully(?) didn't. I became a bit more religious which has kept me from committing suicide but it lost me a new friend, who's mom and him said I was creepy. I don't know why though and neither does any of his and my friends.
So he and I had been talking for a bit and it helped me keep sane recently. But when he stopped talking to me and said he couldn't hang out with me anymore I had a bit of a set back. Since I won't kill myself because of my religious beliefs, I cut myself. I actually cut his initials into my leg.
What should I do to prevent this from happening again? Need help and any advice you can give on anything (me, my friend, life, anything).
Best Answers: Your thoughts on cutting?
Peninna | 9 days ago
2) Putting on fake tattoos
3) Drawing on yourself in red marker (make sure it’s washable!)
4) Scribbling on sheets an sheets of paper
5) Writing (poetry, stories, journal, etc.)
6) Cuddling with a stuffed toy
7) Being with other people
8) Watching a favorite TV show (preferably a comedy)
9) Posting on web boards, and answering others’ posts
10) Thinking about how I DON’T want scars for the summer
11) Painting your nails
12) Going to see a movie
13) Eating something ridiculously sweet (or any favorite food)
14) Doing school work
15) Surf the net
16) Go into chat rooms to talk
17) Call a friend and ask for company
18) Playing a musical instrument
20) Looking up at the sky (night is especially beautiful) .
21) Making your own list of things to do instead of SI
22) Punching a punching bad (with gloves on)
23) Shoot rubberbands across the room.
24) Cover yourself with band-aids where you want to cut
25) Mix warm water and red food colouring, and put in on your skin (feels and looks like blood)
26) Letting yourself cry (can be very difficult for some)
27) Sleep (only if you are tired)
28) A hot shower, or relaxing bath (no razors in the tub, though)
29) Play with a pet
30) Detangling yarn or necklaces
31) Re-organizing your room
32) Cleaning (hmmm…I very rarely use this one!)
33) Having a pillowfight with the wall (yes, neighbours may think you are crazy, but that’s ok)
34) Knitting or sewing
35) Reading a good book
36) Dressing up very glamorous (make sure no one can walk in on you, though)
37) Colouring my hair
38) Listening to music (try yo use calm music)
39) Watching a candle burn (no playing with the flames!)
40) Finding someone else you can help out
42) Watching a scary (but not bloody, but if bloody movies help, than watch a bloody one) movie.
43) Work on a website
44) Have a vivid fantasy love affair with a celebrity
45) Go somewhere very public
47) Alphabetize your CD’s
48) Chewing leather (especially if you SI by biting)
49) Buy a home Henna tatoo kit (peels off the next day-similar to skin picking)
50) Painting or drawing
51) Ripping paper into itty-bitty pieces
52) Hugs-(this one is very nice…)
53) Writting letters or email
54) Talk to yourself (or if that feels weird, buy a small tape recorder-I then feel like someone is listening)
55) Stroke nice fabrics
56) Hug a pillow
57) Hyperfocus on something like a rock, hand, etc.
59) Scream real loud (I LOOOVE this one-just make sure no one is home)
61) Make hot chocolate (mmmmm….)
62) pop bubble wrap
63) play with modelling clay or Play-Dough
64) count to one hundred
65) Build a pillow fort
66) pop balloons
67) Hug yourself
69) Reading things in a different language
70) Going for a nice, long drive
71) Complete something you’ve been putting off
72) Drinking absurd amounts of tea
73) Breaking plastic plates
74) Tearing up socks
75) Throwing socks against the wall
77) Rock climbing
78) Take up a new hobby
79) Organise bills and such
80) Cook a meal
81) Go out for ice cream
82) Buy a stuffed animal (I collect Beanie Babies)
83) Look at pretty things-like flowers or artwork
84) Create Something
86) Randomly wave at people
87) Make a list of blessings in your life
88) Read the Bible
89) Go to a friend’s house
90) Take up fencing
91) Watch an old, happy movie
92) Call a Help hotline or your Therapist
93) Talk to someone close to you that knows
94) Throw a temper-tantrum
95) Hit things-other than yourself
96) Ride a bicycle
97) Polish silver or jewellery
98) Gardening or watering house plants
99) Memorizing German poetry (silly, but works!)
👍 206 | 👎 9
Did you like the answer? Your thoughts on cutting?
Share with your friends
We found more questions related to the topic: I love you different languages writing a cover
Originally Answered: How do I tell my parents I'm cutting myself?
Cutting is nothing to take lightly. It can easily get out of control. Talk to an adult--ANY adult! It takes a lot of courage to stop. I know, I've been there. I know about the pressure of disappointing your parents, worrying that your mom will go crazy from worrying and being scared for you.
I was able to stop, and I know you can too. Do yourself a favor, and overcome it.
Ok well one way is to remember there is nothing 'creepier' than someone who mutilates their own body. Also, remember that it only makes things worse and never makes things better. You might divert your real feelings for a short while, but just like a drunk with a drink in front of them, it is very short lived. I did this nonsense in school, and interestingly enough, actually did the initials thing once as well. Now I am an adult and I can tell you that it is one of the few real regrets I have left in my life, because the marks still show even though I have corrected the thinking that allowed me to do such a dumb thing. People will come and go from your life. You will have a broken heart sometimes. And there will be times when you cannot see that things will ever get better. But there will also be laughter, and love and joy, and if you take the time to work on it.. a whole spiritual world that goes way beyond what they teach you at church. But if you keep self harming, and reacting in an overly emotional way to normal stresses of life, your life will be crappy. I know, I've been there, it simply isn't worth it.
👍 80 | 👎 7
write down how you feel, there's no need to harm yourself, as i know from personal experience, you will just regret it in future life, try and see your local GP, (if american, there should be plenty of walk in centres you can search for on-line) but also, find a small hobby, you don't need to end your life...
i was abused by my father since the age of ten, suffering quite a severe depression, i tried suicide, the only reason i never went through with it is because i loved my mum and didnt want to leave her alone.. i lived in terror and found a release from my anger by carving the words 'hate' all up my arms, just think about the people you love, its not wrong to self harm, but it would be so much better for you to stop, i have a small video for you to watch from the group i go to... i hope this helps, sending my love...
👍 72 | 👎 5
Wow,all us strangers have so many things you can try to help yourself overcome this unhealthy act.We do care about you and it's about you being healthy and being positive.
Way to want to make life the best after all that!
👍 64 | 👎 3
Please if you can stop cutting. DO IT NOW. It can become extremely addicting.. As for your "friend" if he doesn't like you for who you are he isn't worth it... and I want you to know that cutting yourself is just as bad as killing yourself is.. God loves you and when you cut yourself you a hurting him. Stay Strong<3 and if you need a distraction listening to music always helps me<3
👍 56 | 👎 1
Heres a few verses that helped me get through troubled times “Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Romans 12:12, people may look at you different your friends may leave you but even through your darkest of times God is always with you, maybe religously you are struggling because you are being told the wrong things,dont worry about being catholic, muslim, jewish, whatever, be a christian, if you dont go to church guess what?God dont care, because you are the church you are the holy temple of God and God says let no man harm the temple of God, live for him, spread his word, follow his laws and you WILL by the word of God be healed after you overcome sin.“Be joyful in hope , patient in affliction, faithful in prayer”. know that God will help you if you persevere with hope, wait.for him for he is coming! pray and pray read his word to strenghthen your mind and soul."There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness. The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself." "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." - Proverb 16:25. When you sin it seens like its making you happy, it seema good but the rewards of sin are temporary and sadness will again overcome you, you could be rich, famous and have alot of power, but the sadness will only temporarily subside,and in the end your sinf ways will lead to your death both physically and spiritually.the only way to truly be happy is to be with God, he is your rock,he is your fortress,he is your strenght.like an athlete who disciplines his body for strenght you should discipline your soul with the word of God.he is the only way to have eternal happiness and peace, just stay with him always through tough times and good times and he will be there for you. may you have the best of luck and blessing of God, faith, strenghth and wisdom to overcome this. Im not a jesus freak bro dont worry, its just the truth and I understand your hardship and how difficult and embarrased you are, and I cant sit here and let a human being go through that, good luck.
👍 48 | 👎 -1
Originally Answered: I'm afraid that i'm addicted to cutting?
I know what you mean.
I usually cut at around night time... sometimes right before I sleep.
And I feel GREAT!
Then the next day, I wake up, I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth.
Just my normal routine.
Then all of a sudden I see cuts on my arm and I remember that I cut the night before and I just feel like throwing up! haha it's disgusting.
I love the cuts at the time that I cut, but I always hate them the next day. Then the day after that I stop hating them and I'm kind of happy that I did it. Then once the scabs go away and they're scars, I feel sooooo good. I look at my scars as battle scars.
I don't know why, I'm kind of bipolar about self harm cuts, I guess.
The best thing to do is:
o Make Play-Doh or other clay models and cut or smash them.
o Throw ice into the bathtub or against a brick wall hard enough to shatter it.
o Break sticks.
o Put a finger into a frozen food (like ice cream) for a minute.
o Bite into a hot pepper or chew a piece of ginger root.
o Pick a subject and research it on the web.
o Draw on yourself with a red felt-tip pen.
o Try counting down slowly from 10 to 1
o Put a rubber band around your wrist and flick it lightly.
o Take a shower.
o Ride a bike fast and far.
I'm not going to tell you to get "help", because ultimately it's your choice.
What I want you to know is that this "help" truly does help!! :)
Just thinking of the reasons as to why you self harm really helped me consider stopping.
Like I usually cut every time I got even a little stressed. (Like if I feared I would do bad on an essay, if my sister said something mean but never really meant it, if I didn't score in soccer PRACTICE, etc.)
Then after that I realized that I didn't ALWAYS self harm every time I got angry at myself.
I tried remembering how I used to cope before I started self harming.
After that, I realized, I CAN stop.