Starting college in 11 days! any advice?

Starting college in 11 days! any advice? Topic: My big campus homework
July 20, 2019 / By Osborn
Question: Hi. I'm going to be a freshman in college (UIW) on the 25th!! I'm so nervous (change). You know that feelings of going from elem. school to middle school, and then middle school and highschool?? This is like that x10 because I don't have any friends (not that they moved... i just don't have any), it's a BIG change and I'm on the bottom of the totem pole again. I'm so stressed! I'm not living at school (living at home and with boyfriend), I still have to get my books!, I just got a laptop that won't connect to internet, gas is crazy, and I needa new job! ahh any advice?!? I'm sure some of you havebeen in my situation before.
Best Answer

Best Answers: Starting college in 11 days! any advice?

Lennon Lennon | 2 days ago
Don't worry about not having any friends yet. All freshmen going to college are feeling the same way; they don't know anyone either. Just be yourself, and you'll meet people in class or in clubs (should you decide to join). Don't worry about not having your books right away. Most professors are understanding and usually give a grace period. A lot of students are still adding or dropping the class, so everything is always hectic that first week of class. Why not get a job on campus, such as working in the library or at a computer center? It's a great way to meet people and in down time, you can do some homework. Also, if you work on campus, you won't have to travel far, so that might help decrease gas costs. If you're having trouble connecting to the internet, maybe call the customer service from the company you bought the laptop from. Good luck with your freshman year!!
👍 272 | 👎 2
Did you like the answer? Starting college in 11 days! any advice? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: My big campus homework

Lennon Originally Answered: Advice for Starting a New Business in TX?
Online businesses typically do not require to be licensed, but you can register your business name. On the page listing all businesses that needs to be licensed, Internet is not one of them http://www.tded.state.tx.us/guide/INDEXO... . However, if you decide to open a brick and mortar store, then you are likely to get a license for that. You can find the information you need on the process of starting a business in Texas from this A GUIDE TO TEXAS BUSINESS LICENSES AND PERMITS - Texas Economic Development http://www.tded.state.tx.us/guide/ Here are other resources that can provide you with information on starting a business in Texas Office of the Governor (has lots of good links to various Texas resources) http://www.governor.state.tx.us/ecodev/s... Guide to Permits, Licenses and Registrations http://business.texasonline.com/category.jsp?categoryId=2.1 As for running a business with a spouse, I am currently running my online business with my husband. We are running as an LLC but we have a buy-sell agreement to spell out what will happen in case of dissolution of business partnership, one of us dies, we get divorced or separated, etc. In any partnership, (especially business) I think it is extremely important to have everything spelled out right from the start. You don't want a situation where you don't know what will happen to your business assets and all the hassles falling out in a partnership will take. You can also run the business as a sole proprietorship. In this case, it is always easier to file your income taxes as married filing separately with you filing in the Schedule C for the business profit and loss. I suggest you consult a lawyer to help you decide the right legal structure for you, as well as a tax advisor. You can read more about business legal structures to help you decide the best way for you to go: Choosing Your Legal Structure http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol3/legalstructure.htm Choosing an LLC Structure for Your Business http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol33/llc.htm LLCs vs. C Corporations http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol97/llcs.htm S Corp. vs. LLC: Which Structure is Right for Your Business http://www.powerhomebiz.com/vol136/structure.htm
Lennon Originally Answered: Advice for Starting a New Business in TX?
We have a small/mid-size interstate rental property business (we live in Texas). You should talk to an accountant & attorney, but what I'd tell you is it depends on what you want out of your filings. You can just operate your website business for some time w/o formally incorporating. You should do that till you are profitable & above a certain income point, or until you open a brick/mortar location (liability). Partnerships, sole prop, etc are not generally very good formats anymore. You still pay business related taxes thru your indiv tax return, but liability also is fully on you. The LLC is a little better. You still pay thru your or a group (partners) of indiv tax filings, but have much better liability protection. That's probably the best solution for you, but if you're trying to keep it seperate from a joint tax filing w/ your husband than you should consult an accountant on how to do that (prob stop filing jointly). There are a couple other full blown corporation types. They are designed for big established companies though. They do offer the benefit of high liability protection & completely seperate (and complex) tax filings/payments. You probably don't want to move that direction for some time. On checking with your attorney & acct you'll likely find incorporation in a differnt state (mostly delaware) is best based on their state laws. Also look at the new franchise tax laws passed in Texas. I does seem like a challenge, but compared to starting & operating a business it is not.
Lennon Originally Answered: Advice for Starting a New Business in TX?
lots of good question usually you will only need a trade license, as far as opening up a web page or securing a domain as there are called it is usually just a monthly fee that you pay to the company that holds the server. as far as sole prop, partnership, limited, and corporations. those are terms in which who is responsible for the running of the company, corporations usually get big tax breaks but the cost LOTS of money to open, Limited: cheaper to obtain the license and you only have limited responsibltiy. partnership and sole well, i recomend sole all the way, why because the best of all relations break up over such small matters, its not worth losing a friend or loved one this way. as a sole owner you have no one to answer to and no one holding you back, but you are also fully responsible for the actions of your company.

Jair Jair
Have fun. Get high grades early on. Your GPA is less apt to drastic moves the more credit hours you earn. Do well early.
👍 120 | 👎 -1

Jair Originally Answered: I need advice on starting my own business?
When it comes to any business, to truly make great money at it, you must work for it and that doesn't mean sitting behind a computer all day. Yes, that means talking to people. Think about it. Even Bill Gates and Steve Jobs of Microsoft and Apple are constantly working and not selling scams to work from home on a computer. If you seriously wanna make great money and use your talents, visit my page. www.guarditthenetwork.com/derek

If you have your own answer to the question my big campus homework, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.