What things should I look for in trying to find a False Claims Act lawyer?

What things should I look for in trying to find a False Claims Act lawyer? Topic: Dc case searches
July 19, 2019 / By Agnes
Question: I am an executive at a New England company, and I have recently come across evidence that my company has defrauded the federal government out of many millions of dollars. I'm trying to find an attorney for the False Claims Act case, and I've been searching the internet for someone for a while now. There are a lot more firms doing these cases than there are cases, it seems like, and it's difficult to tell who's legitimate and who I should avoid. What questions should I ask potential lawyers? Are there things I should look for on an attorney's web site that would help me out?
Best Answer

Best Answers: What things should I look for in trying to find a False Claims Act lawyer?

Timmy Timmy | 6 days ago
Jeffrey, I think I can be of some help, as I referred a False Claims Act case to Boston less than a year ago. One thing: Boston is a good idea. Many firms that do these cases file in Boston, even if they're located in DC, New York, Chicago, or San Francisco (like me). They have a specialized staff for these cases, and I think 2/3 of all money recovered under the False Claims Act in the last ten years has been in Boston. Look for a firm that's been doing these cases for more than a few years. Also be careful about cases listed, especially for Boston firms, because many of them have only been "local counsel" for a firm that's out of state, and they didn't actually work on the case at all. You want a firm that litigates cases. Many firms that advertise for this work hope to find lottery tickets, doing a little work at the beginning and stepping away if the government does not intervene. As far as I know, the only lawyers in Boston who really do False Claims Act work are Rory Delaney, Bob Thomas, Suzanne Durrell and Tom Greene's firm. Bob Thomas and Durrell work together, but I'm not sure they have any support staff. I referred my case to Tom Greene because he's got a team of five lawyers (and a medical doctor!) that do this work for a living, and because he's got that reputation of litigating cases, even if the government declines to intervene. The name of the firm is Greene LLP, and that's my recommendation to you.
👍 280 | 👎 6
Did you like the answer? What things should I look for in trying to find a False Claims Act lawyer? Share with your friends

We found more questions related to the topic: Dc case searches

Timmy Originally Answered: How do you distinguish between those who "speak" for God and false claims?
In the Kalama Sutra, Buddha says. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
Timmy Originally Answered: How do you distinguish between those who "speak" for God and false claims?
nicely enable's see. In Columbia I see a guy ask God to boost a toddler's leg simply by fact the toddler became crippled and could desire to quite walk. simply by fact the guy prays the limbs grows suitable till now my eyes. the lads gets up jumps around and starts working laps around the construction. Now i could have under no circumstances considered this if i did not have faith in God simply by fact i wouldn't in any respect be on a project holiday to Columbia. yet once I under no circumstances new God or something like that i could call it a miracle becuase what else could somebody call that.

Rama Rama
WRG is way off. There are few lawyers that work in this area, but that's because only about 2000 cases are filed per year, nationally, and that includes a lot of garbage filed by people who don't know what they're doing. There are some large firms that include the False Claims Act as a practice area, but they're working for the "bad guys" -- not the whistleblowers. M W is also way off. He just doesn't know that the False Claims Act allows you to file a suit yourself, on the government's behalf. The Supreme Court has ruled that this practice is fine (you would have standing), because the law provides you a financial stake in the outcome. You'll need to file a disclosure of all your evidence to a US Attorney's Office and the DOJ's main office at the same time as filing the suit in a federal District Court. The trick with finding an FCA lawyer is location and industry, experience and commitment. If your company is in the health care industry, Boston is the right place to go, that district handles more health care cases under that law than all other districts combined (at least in terms of $ recovered). You want to ask any lawyer you contact if they've done this before. Phillips and Cohen is the biggest firm and they've handled the most cases, so go in that direction if you have an easy case. If you call them and ask, they'll tell you that they're not a litigation firm, though. If after writing the disclosure and complaint for you (that's what they do for their 35-50% fee) the government doesn't intervene and take the case over, they'll send you to someone else.
👍 120 | 👎 0

Marquis Marquis
Call the FBI and blow the whistle on them. Or contact the U.S. Attorney General office. You don't have a case against them for yourself. It's the federal government that got screwed, so they are the ones you need to contact. Probably, you will need a lawyer for yourself because the company will fire you the minute you blow the whistle.
👍 115 | 👎 -6

Marquis Originally Answered: No attorney but I need subpeona to invalidate false claims how can I get several?
i am not certain what the statute of limitations for pergery are in your state. but that will be what dictates whether he can even be in trouble. what you may want to consider is called discovery. make requests, in writing and sent to his attorney, if he has one, or to him if he doesn't have an attorney. you can ask for any documents, pictures, tax returns and such. you may be able to find a template or examples of what they should say. they need instructions and definitions to go with them, and they have a time frame for the request, which you have to assert. you can look up STATE rules of civil procedure, and once found, look within that for discovery. they should spell out what needs to be in the request, and they should be pretty self explanatory. if you have an attorney then they should be dooing this for you. the point of all this is to get proof of what he makes, and that is what child support should be based on. if you don't have an atty, then tell the atty general that you do not agree with reducing the child support, and that you want to know what he makes. make them do their jobs.

If you have your own answer to the question dc case searches, then you can write your own version, using the form below for an extended answer.